Responsible for implementing the technical direction set by the architect team of software solutions within the Company. Provide leadership in the design, agile development and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services to business problems. Provide solutions to technical issues, and responsible for meeting development schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements. Responsible for working directly with the product manager, product owner and wider global development team.
- Top level expert in one or more highly specialized areas of applications systems analysis and programming.
- Works and implements an agile/scrum & DevOps processes, continuous integration and automated testing frameworks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues in the, server components, DB components and UI.
- Work with CMS architecture team to continually improve the application development processes and quality.
- Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable.
- Writes custom code or scripts to do \"destructive testing\" to ensure adequate resiliency in production.
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs.
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively.
- Adheres to maintenance plans/timelines, project plans/timelines, support plan summaries and production requirements documents.
- Participates and leads in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice).
- Keep abreast of the current technologies and technological trends. Ability to learn and prototype new technologies, and recommend their appropriate use within the Company products.
- Reviews and discusses code from more senior engineers to understand best practices and design patterns.
- Increases business acumen by learning about other parts of the business.
- May be responsible for providing technical leadership in multiple phases of a project, ensuring coordination of assignments to IT resource management and escalating key decision points that deviate from the provided technical direction.
- Participates in design and review of technical design for development staff.
- Utilizes agile project management tools and concepts to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Maintain knowledge of development methods, best practices and standards. Work closely with IT Security for to ensure all systems (internally hosted, cloud-based, etc.) follow industry standards and policies for safe-guarding data and access.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.